A complete set of clubs is a great way for a beginner to get everything he needs to start golfing. In this guide, I’ll go through the best beginner golf club sets available today. These sets includes all the golf clubs you need, plus a bag to carry them in!
Buying a new golf club set is both exciting and rewarding. You’re quite nervous about what to choose from a wide array of products in the market, especially if you are just a beginner and don’t know yet how to mix and matched those golf clubs. Buying a complete set can save you from those worries.
Buying a golf set can help you make sure that you have everything that you need in your bag to start your game.
Can’t wait to get your hands on your new sets or confuse which one to buy? This list is for you.
Below, I go through the best golf clubs for beginners in terms of budget, performance and forgiveness and describes what includes within the set for you to decide if it is the one you want!
What are the Best Golf Clubs for Beginners?
- TaylorMade RBZ Speedlite (Best Overall Golf Club Set)
- Tour Edge Hot Launch 3 Package Set (Best Golf Club Set for Beginners)
- Cobra F-Max Superlite Set (Best Set for High Swing Speeds)
- TaylorMade Kalea 3 Complete Set (Best Women’s Golf Club Set)
- Wilson Profile SGI Complete Set (Best Set for Seniors)
- US Kids Ultralight 42 4 Club Set (Best Junior Golf Club Set)
- Wilson Profile Platinum Set (Best Set for Tall Golfers)
- Callaway Strata Complete Golf Set (Best Set for the Money)
- Honma Beres 07 5-Star Iron Set (Most Expensive Golf Club Set)
- Wilson Ultra Complete Golf Set (Best Intermediate Set)
- Precise M3 Ladies Complete Set (Best Golf Set for Petite Ladies)
Reviews of the Best Beginner Golf Club Sets
TaylorMade RBZ Speedlite Complete Set
Best Overall Beginner Golf Set
- Complete set of 12 clubs including 2 fairway woods and 2 hybrids
- Crafted for golfers of all skill levels
- Slick black/green clubs with matching cart bag
- Very forgiving
- Cart bag might be a turn off if looking for a carry bag instead
The TaylorMade RBZ Speedlite complete set is our pick for the best overall beginner golf club set on the market today. There is no denying that TaylorMade is one of, if not the most popular brand on the PGA Tour right now.
The complete set comes with 12 clubs. The 460cc titanium faced driver can handle swing speeds of all kinds. With its low center of gravity placement and TaylorMade Speed Pocket it is very easy to hit and very forgiving. The set also comes with a 3 and 5 fairway wood that mimics the original RocketBallz fairway woods that came out years ago and were very popular. They promote a high ball flight and are very easy to hit.
Also included are a 4 and 5 RBZ Rescue hybrid. These are built to promote high launching shots from all over the course including the tee, fairway and rough. The irons included are a 6 through 9 iron. They are very forgiving and have a low center of gravity. There is a pitching wedge and a sand wedge included with C-grind soles that allows you to spin the ball from all over the course.
Lastly, a modern TaylorMade Mallet-head putter is included with their patented Pure Roll face insert. The sound off the face is crisp and will have you draining putts from all over the green.
You definitely cannot go wrong with this complete set of clubs. The bag is lightweight and includes 8 pockets and an insulated cooling pouch. The clubs match the bag very well. The only downside that we can see is the bag is a cart bag, so it won’t suit someone who is looking for a carry bag while walking the course.
If you are wanting to rep an entire TaylorMade bag, this complete set is what you are looking for! It is also very generously priced for what you get. This complete set is $1,539.99 USD. You also have the option of getting this as a steel shaft set or graphite shaft set.
- Driver: A lightweight 460cc titanium head features advanced aerodynamic shaping for faster swing speeds and is aided by an ultralight 50g RBZ shaft. Has a high MOI head design with Speed Pocket flexibility deliver optimal launch and enhanced forgiveness.
- Fairway: Lightweight 180cc clubhead. Low CG encourages higher launch. Speed Pocket provides more face flex & greater performance on shots struck low on the face. Rescue: Versatile sole design for high launching shots. Lightweight construction.
- Irons: Advanced perimeter weighting designed for added forgiveness; concentrated mass near sole of the club creates lower CG for higher launch. The multi-function sole geometry provides added playability from various lies and smooth turf interaction.
- Wedge: High-volume grooves for improved spin & control. C-grind sole to navigate variety of conditions. Putter: High-stability mallet features patented Pure Roll. Multi-alignment technology allows for aim w/topline, sight dot, or cutaway channel.
- Bag: Taking inspiration from the racing world, this lightweight cart bag is the essence of speed & style. Featuring 8 pockets, including an insulated cooling pouch, 14-way top and structured base, it’s a combination of functionality and clean aesthetics.
Tour Edge Hot Launch 3 Package Set
- high-quality materials
- the perfect package set for beginners
- includes woods and hybrids
Tour Edge are the best starter golf clubs for people who are new to playing golf. With proper care, these golf club set can last longer than you expect. It is the best golf club sets for beginners because this was built to meet the beginners and players with high handicapp. Therefore, the golf club set includes all the clubs needed for beginners.
If you are a beginner golfer who has trouble with consistency on your golf ball’s swing and accuracy, this package set will be a great help.
The clubs in this set focus on playability, control, and accuracy for every player. It has a graphite shaft that makes this club lighter. If you’re new to the game, a graphite shaft is perfect to begin with. A stainless steel shaft will not match with your golf swing speeds.
The package set includes all the necessary golf clubs for beginners. The driver included in the set has a large sweet spot. It is a 460cc driver, the biggest driver allowed in the market. The package set also includes a 3 wood, 5 wood, 4 and 5 hybrid, a 6 and 7 iron, a pitching wedge, a sand wedge, and a mallet putter. The golf club sets come with a cart bag that you can place up and out of the way.
- All Graphite Senior Flex UST Mamiya Shafts
- HL3 ToGo Cart Bag
- 12 Degree Offset HL3 Driver
- HL3 Triple Combo Iron Set with Hybrids, IronWoods and Irons
- 56 Degree Super Spin Wedge and Hot Launch Mallet Putter
Cobra Mens F-Max Superlite Complete Set
Best Complete Golf Club Set for High Swing Speeds
- Superlite graphite shafts to maximize swing speeds
- Cobra F-Max clubs maximize distance and forgiveness
- Full 11 club set with ultralight Cobra cart bag
- Pre-equipped with Cobra Lamkin midsize grips
For golfers with higher swing speeds that are looking to maximize distance, this Cobra F-Max Superlite complete golf club set will be right up your alley. This complete set comes with a driver, 3 wood, 4 and 5 hybrid, 6-9 iron, pitching wedge, sand wedge and putter.
This complete set comes equipped with Superlite graphite shafts. Graphite shafts are quite a bit lighter than steel, which helps to maximize swing speeds. This will help golfers that want to hit the ball farther. You may be used to steel shafts, but after a couple of rounds you will be adjusted and find yourself hitting the ball further than ever.
This set also comes pre-equipped with Cobra Lamkin midsize grips. Midsize grips help give a better feel on the club so that you don’t have to grip as hard. These, along with the graphite shafts will have the ball flying off the club face.
Cobra markets the F-Max series of clubs as the lightest, most forgiving clubs they have to offer so even on mis-hits the ball should travel nicely.
The set has nice black and red head covers for all of the woods and matches nicely with the ultralight Cobra cart bag.
- The F-MAX Complete Set includes offset, easy to hit F-MAX clubs to maximize distance and forgiveness, plus a full-feature cart bag.
- Set includes: Driver, 3W, 4H, 5H, 6-PW+SW, Putter and cart bag
- Bag: Cobra ultralight cart bag. 14-Way top
- Superlite Graphite shafts
- Cobra Lamkin REL black midsize grips
TaylorMade Kalea 3
Best Women’s Complete Golf Club Set
- Ultra lightweight design
- Patented TaylorMade Speed Pocket on driver/woods/hybrids for maximum forgiveness
- Includes the popular premium TaylorMade Spider putter
- 3 unique color options
The TaylorMade Kalea 3 complete golf club set is our choice for the best complete set for women golfers. This complete set comes with 11 clubs, with all different lofts so that there are no yardages gaps out on the golf course. There are 3 different unique bag and head cover color options to choose from, all depending on personal preference.
TaylorMade is one of the best golf club brands on the market today, so you know that each club is engineered for maximum forgiveness on the golf course. The driver, 3 and 5 fairway woods and 5 & 6 rescue hybrids all include the TaylorMade Speed pocket which allows for high launch and forgiveness on every shot.
There is also a 7, 8 and 9 iron included along with a pitching wedge and sand wedge. Lastly, the very popular TaylorMade Spider putter is included with the Pure Roll face insert. This is a premium putter that golfers buy all on their own.
This women’s complete set is also equipped with premium ladies shafts that have a softer flex to them. This helps with launch and easier to square the face at impact. The grips are soft Lamkin grips and are very comfortable. For a lady golfer looking for the best complete golf club set, this is a great choice.
The TaylorMade Kalea 3 complete golf club set is $1,649.99 USD.
- Ultra Lightweight Construction
- Speed Pocket
- Optimized Full Set Gapping
- Premium Spider Putter
- Japan Spec Ladies Shafts
Wilson Profile SGI Complete Set
- the set comes with both hybrid and fairway woods
- affordable set
- stainless steel cavity back irons
- 5-iron is not included
If you a Senior golfer looking for a complete golf club set, then the search is over. The Wilson Profile SGI is a complete package set for seniors. Wilson golf has been helping with their complete golf club set that has the latest materials and technology.
The driver included in Profile SGI has the latest game improvement technology. If you are concerned with the accuracy of hitting your golf club, you have nothing to worry as this set was designed for game improvement. With constant practice, it can help you gain more speed and distance with more distance control.
This set includes a stand bag with a driver, 5-wood, 5-hybrid, 6-9 irons, pitching wedge, putter, and head covers
- Wilson's proprietary "Custom fit in a box" system has thirteen size options to fit every player!
- Engineered with Super Game Improvement technology to addresses physical considerations and swing characteristics of senior players
- Designed specifically for senior players with lightweight Senior flex graphite shafts (except putter) and soft, slightly larger diameter all weather grips
- High-lofted driver has large sweet spot and is swing speed matched to improve ball flight for greater distance. Sand and pitching wedge are perfect for approach shots
- Deep, perimeter weighted 431 stainless steel irons with very low center of gravity for improved accuracy
US Kids Ultralight 42 4 Club Set
- Ultra-light clubs
- lightweight stand bag
- available in two colors
- For very new beginners only
Kids seem to grow fast and will quickly outgrow their clubs. If you are looking for a golf set for your son, daughter, or grandkids, then consider the US Kids Ultralight Clubs set. US understands that there’s a lot of young players out there that also love golf. So, they decided to create a collection that will meet your youngster’s needs.
US Kids Ultralight is designed based on junior’s swing speed and is excellent for beginners to intermediate players. It is a great set of young kids at a great price. It is a set with a lightweight stand that includes the following: a 26-degree fairway driver, 7-iron, pitching wedge, and a longleaf putter.
This golf club set is ideal for junior golfers with the height that range from 42″ to 45″. A head cover for your driver is also included to keep it dry.
Wilson Profile Platinum Set
- ideal for mid-high handicappersl
- lightweight and forgiving
- clubs are one inch longer than the standard club
- suitable for golfers that are taller than 6’1″
If you are a tall golfer, then you need clubs sized to your arm length. The Wilson Profile Platinum are designed for you. These are the golf clubs that are built to meet the needs of taller men.
The Wilson Profile platinum set consists of a high-quality set of golf clubs. It has a PVD coating finished that makes it durable. It is an excellent choice for a tall golfer who has a mid-high handicap.
The set includes a stand bag with ten clubs as part of it. It consists of a driver, fairway wood, hybrid, sand wedge, and a putter. Compared to the other clubs with a standard length, the length of these clubs are one inch longer.
- Includes 10 clubs: Driver, 5 Wood, 5 Hybrid, 6-SW, Putter
- Driver features durable black PVD finish looks great while reducing glare
- Performance technology and lightweight components are combined to deliver tremendous distance off the tee
- Easy to hit hybrid with tip reinforced graphite shaft creates large sweet spot for improved distance
- Engineered for maximum control, these lower center of gravity heads improve launch trajectory and produce greater distance
Callaway Strata Complete Golf Set
- stand bag
- comes with two head cover
- bag has 5 pockets
The Callaway Strata is one of the most popular golf club complete sets of all time. The latest version comes in blue and red color. The bag is simple, yet it still looks lovely. This 12 piece set comes with a driver, 3-wood fairway, 4-hybrids, a set of four irons/wedges, a putter bag, and two headcovers.
The driver of this set is a 460cc forged driver. It has a large sweet spot that will help you quickly hit the ball from the tee for a precise stroke. The forged driver and the large sweet spot is very forgiving and help you send the ball away from the tee. The aerodynamic head design of the fairway woods will help you with your long shots. It also comes with hybrids for better playability.
The iron/wedges are made from steel, giving you more control over your ball. While the putter in this set is a mallet shape with a T-alignment design, this is good if you want to have a straight swing and want to have a better alignment of the ball.
The Callaway Men’s Strata Complete set comes with a sandbag with a five-pocket and a rain hood to protect your bag. Headcovers for your driver and fairway woods come for free for your clubs’ protection.
- The Strata 12 piece set is designed for maximum performance right out of the box; The set includes: Driver, 3 Wood, 5 Hybrid, 6 - 9 Iron, PW, Putter, Stand Bag and 2 Head covers
- Woods: Lightweight 460cc forged driver that has a large sweet spot, a titanium head, and provides more forgiveness to help you hit it farther off the tee. An oversized 3 wood is forgiving with a more aerodynamic head shape for long, high flying shots
- Hybrid: A 5 Hybrid is a great alternative to difficult long irons that gives you more confidence on a variety of shots
- Irons/Wedge: Stainless steel irons (6 9 irons, PW) offer a great combination of forgiveness and control
- Putter: A mallet putter with alignment to help give you incredible accuracy
Wilson Ultra Complete Golf Set
Best Intermediate Golf Clubs
- distance control and accuracy
- generous pocket
- low weighting for better greenside control
- #5 iron is not included
Love yellow? Then, you will surely fall in love with the Wilson Ultra Complete Set. It comes in a beautiful yellow color and will look and play great if you’re starting out and just testing the waters. (Hopefully only figuratively)
You don’t want to spend on too expensive clubs but regret it later. Aside from being beginner-friendly, Wilson Ultra Complete Golf Set is also generous on pockets, affordable, and still delivers excellent performance.
It has a sizeable 460cc Titanium driver. The shaft is made of graphite material. This is a lightweight driver that will help you launch your ball with distance and accuracy.
The #6, 7,8,9 iron set left us a little disappointed because no #5 iron is included. However, the hybrid might be a better choice for beginners anyway. It also has significant perimeter weighting features, making it forgiving during the game.
The package set comes with a forgiving heel/toe putter, which will help you get the maximum moment of inertia and send those balls to the hole with ease. It has a soft paddle grip. It is very comfortable and will help you aim for more successful shots.
All in, the Wilson Ultra Complete set bag weighs 3 lbs, making it easy to carry around if you want to. It also has seven openings in the top and four closed pockets.
>>> Learn more in our Wilson Ultra Complete Review. <<<
- This package set is perfect for beginner golfers looking to improve their game with a high quality, distance-yielding a package set.
- The super game improvement design focuses on generating more distance for beginner golfers
- Large 460cc titanium matrix driver uses hot face and low center of gravity to launch the ball off the Tee
- Large sweet spot irons feature perimeter weighting for improved performance on off center hits
- Alignment putter with soft paddle grip improves aim and distance for all golfers
Precise M3 Ladies Complete Set
Best Golf Clubs for Petite Ladies
- comes with a rain hood
- dual strap
- comes with three head covers
The Precise M3 is a full set of golf clubs for regular or petite ladies This is an excellent beginner golf club set for petite ladies who stand below 5’3″.
This bag is a stand bag but can also be carried like a backpack because it also has a dual strap. The complete golf set provides every woman’s golfers the clubs she needed for the game. It is available in a purple and light blue color that will surely compliment every woman’s outfit.
The complete golf club set includes a 460cc driver, fairway wood, and irons. And, of course, the pitching wedge and putter. The clubs’ design shoots for ultimate distance and performance.
Precise M3 irons are offset with a wide sole. The woods and irons also have a graphite shaft. Plus, the putter is precisely milled for better accuracy and control over your putting. The lightweight, durable stand bags that come with it complete the Precise M3 and will help you better organize your clubs inside your bag.
- Full set of clubs right out of the box!
- Maximum forgiveness on the woods and irons equals straighter shots on the course!
- Matching Deluxe Dual-Strap Golf Bag and Headcovers! Carry your bag like a backpack! Rainhood also included!
- Recommended Sizes: Petite - below 5'3", Regular - 5'3" - 5'9"
Honma Beres 07 5-Star Iron Set
Most Expensive Golf Clubs Ever
- forged with 3D L-cup face
- used the most advanced shaft
- maximum active speed slots
- The price will blow you away
Are you looking for the most expensive golf club ever? Be ready to be blown away with the price of the Honma Beres 07 5-Star Iron set. Honma is known for producing not just premium but extremely high-end golf clubs that will surely make you speechless because of the price.
The clubs on this set are screaming with luxury. Its design is exquisite and the statement of golf luxury. The Beres Golf set was made and assembled in Japan. These golf club sets are so expensive because of the 24K carat gold accents with the most precious metal decorations.
Master craftsmen craft the details of each club. To achieve its elegant design, the irons are meticulously hand-cut. The head stunning golf color is breath-taking. Honma Beres 5 Star Irons also uses the most advanced shaft, the new ARMRQ. This shaft was also made in Japan with the most sophisticated materials.
What Clubs Are Included In a Full Golf Club Set?
Usually, these are the types of clubs that are included in the set and is essential for your game.
This has the biggest club head in the bag, helping the ball launch to a great distance in the fairway and towards the hole.
This is the combination of wood and iron. Most players love to use hybrids as they are easier to hit. Designed for forgiveness, their playability is crucial and helps players regularly when they are on the rough or in the bunker.
Irons are in use for both long and short shots but are most commonly used in the 5-iron up range, as hybrids have replaced lower number irons over the years. Their goal is often to get the ball onto the green from medium distances.
Sometimes, wedges are part of an iron set. The use of a wedge often indicates a problem like playing out of the bunker. This club is an excellent help in bringing the ball back to the fairway.
This can either be blade or mallet type and helps with short-distance shots on the green. A good putter enables you to reduce the number of putts it takes to finish a hole. It is designed with different alignment patterns for the player to better align their ball towards the hole.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Should I Buy A Full Golf Set Or Individual Clubs?
Buying a set of a golf clubs can help you save from worrying whether these clubs match your style or not. Manufacturers usually made a set of golf clubs, and they have the target market for the said design. If the features of the clubs match your needs and preference, then you should purchase the set.
A beginner golf set is also a bit cheaper compared to buying individual golf clubs. You will also worry less about how you organize your club because it usually comes with the bag and other accessories to better take good care of your equipment. Set also helps you ensure that you have everything that you need for the game.
How Much Should You Spend On A Beginner Golf Club Set?
If you are starting, you can start with a cheaper club set. This club set will help you better understand what kind of player you in the course. When you are already familiar with yourself and your stroke, you can now choose to upgrade your set and even have the custom set for you.
What is the best golf club brand for beginners?
Every company usually claimed that they are the best brand, and they have the best equipment that fits the golfers. TaylorMade and Callaway are known for making high quality clubs. Each company spends millions per year on research and development to come out with new technology. No two people are the same. In the end, you can say that it is the best brand for you if it meets or exceeds your expectations.
Should a Beginner Get Fitted For Golf Clubs?
The only reason a beginner should consider getting fitted for clubs is if you are unusually short or tall and are worried that a standard size of golf clubs might not be good for you.
If you are average height, beginner golfers will be fine to pick any of the golf club sets above to use.
What kind of golf clubs should a beginner buy?
The two main factors you should look at when buying a golf set is the brand and the set makeup. The most popular brands on the market are TaylorMade, Callaway, Ping, Cobra, and Wilson. Golf club technology is mostly the same for beginners, so either brand is fine.
For set makeup, make sure that you have a driver, 3-wood, a hybrid club, at least 3 irons, 2 wedges, and a putter.
What Should You Consider When Buying a Golf Club Set for Beginners?
The first aspect that you should be looking at before buying a new golf package set is to know your golf skill. A different set of clubs were created with a type of player profile in mind. And if you’re going to pick based on the color and not with the features you can benefit from as a player, you will not maximize the kinds of clubs included on the package set.
There are two common kinds of shafts for golf clubs, the steel shafts, and the graphite shafts. The graphite shafts are lightweight than the steel shafts.
Low handicap players often opt for graphite shaft and went with stiffer shaft flex. Beginners and high handicap players often opt for a graphite shaft and a softer flex. However, there are still professional players that also use graphite shafts. Stick to the kind of shaft flex that matches their swing speed.
Take a look at what clubs are included in your set before making a decision. If you like to hit woods better, consider a set that has some extra woods and less irons.
Golf can be an expensive game as it is. Golf club sets for beginners start around $300 and can go up over $1000. Invest whatever money you think is appropriate to help you get started golfing today. You can always upgrade to a better set later.
Golf sets usually consist of the clubs that you need for the game. With plenty of golf set in the market, it is up to you to choose based on the color or the kind of set that meets your needs. If you have enough budget and want to level up your game, you can also purchase those individual sets that you think will help improve your performance.
Last update on 2022-11-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API