Walking the golf course is great exercise, but pulling or pushing your golf clubs in a manual cart is tedious. Luckily, our list of best electric golf push carts will show you sophisticated options that automatically push your carts all over the course for you.
For each cart, we’ll take a look at:
- An overview of the model and what it does
- Key features you’ll like
- Specific things I like in each cart
- How to buy each electric golf cart
From auto-following to GPS, compact to travel-friendly, there are a whole ton of options for you. If you didn’t know that electric push carts were a thing for placing your golf bag, you are in for a real surprise!
If you have any of the options in our list of best electric golf push carts, or another one altogether, let us know by commenting down below.
The Overall Best Electric Golf Push Carts
- Cart-Tek Electric Push Cart (Best Overall)
- MGI Zip Navigator (Best Premium)
- Motocaddy M7 (Best Manoeuvrability)
- Callaway Traverse Electric (Best Compact)
- MGI Zip X1 (Best Value)
- Bat-Caddy X4R Electric Caddy (Easiest to Setup)
- Alphard Ewheel Golf Club Booster V2 (Convert a Regular Golf Cart to Electric)
- Foresight ForeCaddy. (Best Automatic Following)
Best Electric Golf Push Cart
Best Overall Electric Golf Trolley
Cart-Tek is the world’s leading motorized golf caddy for golfers of all experience levels. Featuring improved ergonomics, a brand new remote control, and completely redesigned wheels, Cart-Tek can follow you while you walk so that you don’t have to do any of the work.
The Cart-Tek also features slope control, which lets the cart go exactly where you want it to go, even on uneven ground. This golf caddy’s sleek design both provides extra protection against the elements and also hides the motor nicely. The included remote fits in your pocket easily for quick control of the cart to drive it where you need.
Cart-Tek uses a precision welded aviation-grade 6061 aluminum to construct the cart frame, which makes it one of the most rugged push carts on the market. The 1500Li uses 2 x 24 volt motors and a lithium-ion battery that can serve you for up to 36 holes of golf.
When you pop open the box, you will get the GRi-1500Li, a 10Ah Lithium-Ion Battery and Charger, an accessory bundle, and a user manual. Lithium batteries are a must in all of the best electric golf push carts on the market today.
- Has three modes – free wheel, trolley, and remote.
- Highly customizable and programmable (tracking, speed buttons, and turning force).
- The included 10Ah lithium-ion battery can serve you for two rounds without charging.
- Has a remote control for easy steering.
What I Liked
This golf push cart is by far the best on the market. I liked that the remote works every time and has an amazing range. It’s also very stable and makes golfing so much fun. I also liked the trolley mode and slope control features.
- It has three modes (Remote, Trolley, and Free-Wheel) three carts in one for the ultimate value.
- Programable settings (Turning force, speed buttons, tracking): customize your caddie to your needs!
- The powerful 24 volt lithium-ion battery lasts up to two rounds without charging! Already Included!
- It has a simple, frustration free daily setup so you can get too golfing in as little as 30 seconds.
- This golf push cart has a remote control so you can steer the caddie with push buttons. Very Simple!
Best Premium Quality
The MGI Zip Navigator is a powerful golf electric cart that can let you roam freely and play shots under less fatigue. The manufacturer uses cutting-edge electric cart technology to produce this masterpiece, so that you can walk freely around the course while the cart does all the work.
It features a fully directional remote control, advanced click and go lithium 24v 380Wh battery system, and an automatic downhill speed control. This cart easily maneuvers on hilly or rough terrain.
This motorized push cart is equipped with an electronic park brake to hold or stop the cart across all terrain. It is also equipped with a resettable odometer for easy tracking of your total usage, longest drive, and distance walked.
Inside of the box is the cart and wheels, plus other essentials:
- battery, charger
- umbrella holder
- GPS phone holder
- drink holder
- multi purpose clip
- rear wheel covers
- USB charging cord
- remote control
- user manual.
- The Gyroscope Straight Tracker technology lets you easily track the cart across all terrain.
- Powered by the largest capacity Lithium 24V 380WH with awesome battery life
- The remote control is fully directional.
- This golf push cart has a foldable rear 4th wheel for added stability.
What I Liked
I liked that this push cart is simple to assemble, even when attaching the battery. I also liked that it fits my standard golf bag. It moved along smoothly on the course and can easily navigate side hills.
- Zip Fold Technology-Innovative & compact one piece frame engineered zip fold system will make setup easy and quick to and from the course. Newly Engineered Zip Fold System is 12% lighter and 25% smaller for easy transport and space savings to and from the course. The rear wheels can be inverted on the axle to reduce the size of the footprint when not in use. Folded Dimensions (Inverted Rear Wheels); 27.55 X 18.5 x 16.5 Inches. Weight (No Battery) 28.6 LBS (With Battery: 35 LBS)
- Click & Go Lithium Battery System-Zip High Performance Lithium 36 Hole Batteries. Our Batteries are at the forefront of battery technology. Light, Compact, and powerful our batteries help you go the distance out of the course. Clicks on vertically via the easy to access lifting handle. Simple Color Coded Charge Port (Red & Black) & Color Coded Battery Charger (Green-Full Charge & Red-Charging). Simply Click & Go to the course!
- Powerful Twin 230 Watt MotorS-Smooth and whisper quiet ride the revolutionary Zip Navigator will do all the work for you so you can enjoy the walk and concentrate on your game and play up to 36 Holes in a day. Feel your best to play your best!
- Fully Adjustable Fit-Adjustable Ergonomic T-Bar Top Handle with premium soft rubber grip & Adjustable Independent Top Bag Support for a customized perfect fit for all golfers.
- Advanced Digital Electronics-Display Setting with Variable Speed Control Setting (1-9) and 4 Color Coded Battery Levels Indicator showing a full charge. Distance Modes -2 Resettable Distances Distance A & B. (Yards or Meters) Distance Total (Odometer) in Miles or Kilometers. USB Charging port located underneath top handle to charge any of your remote control or mobile devices.
Best Maneuverability Over Rough Terrain
The Motocaddy M7 Remote can make your golf game easier. It is the perfect push cart for golfers looking for a foldable model with exceptional control.
It is easy to set up and use. Plus, the remote control covers significant distances. It has an extra back wheel that’s designed to prevent the cart from tipping over, even on rough or hilly terrain.
The manufacturer recently redesigned the system to offer optimized rechargeable battery efficiency, increased reliability, and instinctive caddy control. With the Motocaddy M7 Remote, you will enjoy complete control over all terrain with the push of a button. Whether you want to walk to the green or drive to the next tee box, you won’t worry where your cart is located. The cart helps carry your clubs and other golfing accessories to the course and make you ready to play your favorite game.
This push cart is fully adjustable. The 2 step system collapses the push cart into a compact size, making it to transport and store.
- This cart features an easy manual control mode and automatic downhill cruise control.
- Has a USB charging port where you can recharge the battery.
- Equipped with a removable rear anti-tip wheel.
- Has nine speed settings, speed indicator & battery meter
What I Liked
I liked that this motorized golf push cart can maneuver rough and hilly terrain without tipping over. The battery power works very efficient and it has a quiet motor even over the steepest hills.
- ELECTRIC GOLF CADDY: Compact, easy-to-fold motorized golf cart caddy follows your every direction with the push of a button; Dimensions (L x W x H): 16.5 x 18.5 x 25.6 inches; Weight: 36.7 pounds
- RECHARGEABLE REMOTE: Rechargeable remote control handset can be conveniently stored on the caddy frame or in your pocket while locked to avoid accidentally pushing a button
- EASY TO DRIVE: Forward, left, right, reverse, pause, resume, and emergency stop buttons make maneuvering instinctive and easy; Remote's range of 150 feet allows you to safely operate from a distance; Manual control mode can be switched on if your battery drains
- DOWNHILL CONTROL: Downhill braking technology automatically maintains a constant speed while moving down a gradient, preventing runaway caddies; Removable rear wheel offers extra balance over rough terrain to prevent tipping
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE: Simple-to-fold, 2 step system collapses the caddy into a compact size for easy storage and transportation; thick, ergonomic handle adjusts to perfectly fit your height
The Callaway Traverse Electric Push Cart is one of the best electric golf trolleys for professional golfers who want to navigate hands-free on the course. This cart is powered by high-torque twin motors with a gearbox and sealed housing for a smooth operation.
The Traverse comes with variable speed and directional control – reverse, forward, right, and left. It has a portable rechargeable lithium battery that can serve you for up to 27 holes on a single charge.
The Callaway Traverse Electric Cart is equipped with a storage compartment, ball holder, beverage holder, tee holder, and umbrella holder. With a lightweight aluminum frame, this push cart can conveniently fold down for easy storage and transportation. It can perfectly fit most car trunks.
So, if you need a push cart with all the necessary accessories to enjoy hands-free navigation on the course, look no further than the Callaway Traverse Electric Push Cart.
- Has an adjustable height.
- Foldable, compact, and portable.
- Comes with a rechargeable lithium battery
- The frame is durable and made of aluminum.
What I Liked
I like that this cart is portable, compact, and can easily fit into my vehicle. It is easy to travel with and big enough to hold my full golf bag and accessories.
- Electric Golf Push Cart: Our golf push cart features fully remote variable speed and directional control - left, right, forward, and reverse; Includes handle-based preset distance options - use hands-free or by remote
- Compact Design: Our golf push carts fold down into a compact size for easy and convenient transport and storage - fits into most car trunks and all SUVs
- Durable Construction: Complete with a durable aluminum frame, our push cart golf caddy is safe to use on damp mornings; High-torque twin motors feature sealed housing and gearbox for quiet, smooth operation
- Rechargeable Battery: Our golf electric push cart includes a rechargeable lithium-ion battery designed to last up to 27 holes on a full charge
- Convenient Accessories: Includes all the golf push cart accessories you need like an adjustable (height) handle with a storage compartment and umbrella, drink, scorecard, tee, and ball holders
The MGI Zip X1 Electric Golf Caddy is the perfect model for golfers who need a motorized push cart to do all the work while they concentrate on the game. This golf caddie is powered by a high-torque 230 watt electric motor to guarantee a quiet and smooth ride. The motor receives electrical power from the advanced Click and Go lithium 24v 250Wh battery system.
The push cart comes with a fixed front swivel wheel to support a smooth ride and easy navigation on difficult terrain. There’s also a fully foldable rear 4th wheel for added stability and easy storage.
The box includes a buggy, battery charger, user manual, wheels, and GPS holder.
- This model has a fixed front wheel.
- Powered by a quiet 230 watt electric motor.
- Has a battery indicator and variable speed control.
- Perfect for all terrain.
What I Liked
Compared to other models, this motorized golf push cart offers the best value for your money. It lets you navigate the golf course hands-free and is suitable for all terrain. It’s a great beginner electric trolly cart.
- Digital electronics
- Variable speed control & battery indication
- Whisper quiet 230 watt motor
- Fixed front wheel
- Included Components: Buggy, Battery, Charger, Wheels, GPS Holder, User Manual
Easiest to Set Up
The Bat-Caddy X4R Remote Control Cart is another push cart to give serious consideration. It has all the features you need to concentrate on the game, including scorecard holder, umbrella holder, and cup holder.
It also has optional accessories like a sand dispenser, rain cover, remote control cliphanger, and GPS holder. It has a nice adjustable handle that can match your height or push down to a smaller size for storage.
This push cart is powered by a 2 x 200 Watt, 12 V DC motor. It has a rear wheel direct drive for free wheeling when power goes off. The frame is made of a precision welded aviation-grade 6061 aluminum, which makes it perfect for different terrain. What’s more? The Bat-Caddy X4R Remote Control Cart is equipped with a slope control mechanism, which helps the caddie to go to precise locations, even on bumpy ground.
- The battery can serve you for two rounds without charging.
- Is highly programmable for custom preferences.
- Comes with a 2 x 200 Watt DC electric motor.
- Comes with a USB port for easy charging.
What I Liked
What I liked the most about this push cart is that it is the easiest to set up and take down. Plus, it uses FCC Authorized remote control with range up to 120 yards.
- Fully Directional Remote-Control, Dual 200W quiet motors, USB port
- 9 forward and reverse speeds, Downhill Speed Control, Optional manual control
- Cruise Control with Speed Recall, Battery level indicator, Power-off freewheel
- Auto-timed distance control, Oversized Anti-tip Wheel standard, Compatible with Caddy Seat
- Includes our Standard Accessory Package valued at $90 (Umbrella Holder, Scorecard Holder, and Beverage Holder)
Conversion for Regular Push Carts
The Alphard Ewheel Golf Club Booster V2 is perfect for those looking to convert their regular push cart into a motorized, electric remote-controlled golf push cart. With this product, you can do the transformation within 20 minutes; all you need to do is to remove the existing back wheels and install the mounting brackets, and you are good to go.
The remote control guarantees effortless smooth steering with multiple speed and distance timer settings. One major feature of this model is that it uses a 6-axis gyroscope to automatically detect all terrain conditions and can adjust its wheels to keep a steady pace.
The 6-axis gyroscope also helps prevent unwanted deviations as you walk the course. Club Booster V2 comes with premium features found on high-end electric caddies. The detachable lithium-ion battery can last up to 500 cycles without any replacement. You can also use your smartphone as a backup remote control.
If your battery dies in the middle of the round, no worries. The Ewheel comes with a free-wheel mode that allows you to switch the cart back to a standard push cart.
- This model comes with brackets to fit Clicgear 3.0 and above.
- Comes with a remote control that you can pair with your smartphone for convenient control.
- Uses a 6-axis gyroscope to automatically detect terrain.
- Easy installation and operation.
What I Liked
I liked that this model can transform a regular push cart into a motorized golf push cart. Plus, it’s equipped with waterproof, long lasting detachable lithium-ion battery and comes with a mobile app for remote operations.
- TRANSFORMS YOUR PUSH CART INTO A MOTORIZED ELECTRIC CART! – Includes brackets to fit Clicgear 3.0, 3.5+ and 4.0 carts
- REMOTE CONTROLLED – Effortless smooth steering with multiple speed and distance timer settings. Send your cart 15 or 30 yards out with a single press of a button. Even pair your smart phone for convenient control that’s always with you
- 6 AXIS GYROSCOPE – Automatically detects terrain and adjusts to keep your cart tracking straight and rolling at a steady pace even as it traverses bumps and slopes
- LOADED WITH FEATURES – Weatherproof, long lasting detachable lithium-ion battery, electronic parking brake, virtually silent brushless motors, smart phone app enabled control, customization, and firmware updates. INCLUDES WHEELIE BARS to prevent tipping on hills
- EASY INSTALLATION AND OPERATION – Club Booster can be installed on your cart quickly and the intuitive controls can be mastered in minutes
Best Automatic Following Technology
The Foresight Sports ForeCaddy Smart Cart is designed from the ground up to give you superior performance and make you concentrate on the game. With four modes of operation, you’re certainly in for hands-free navigation around the green while the motorized push cart does most of the job.
From showing off the coolest gear in front of your buddies to the added health benefits, this golf push cart will put you on top of your game. And with accessories like a phone charger, ball and scorecard holder, and more, you will enjoy an ideal golfing experience.
The operation modes include:
- power assist
The box contains the ForeCaddy Smart Cart, a remote control, umbrella holder, cup holder, scorecard and ball holder, battery and charging adapter. It also contains a sand bottle holder, additional golf bag security straps, wireless charger, and a USB-C charging cable.
- Has an automatic follow mode as long as you have 7 feet on each side.
- Comes with a cup holder, phone holder, and sand holder.
- Powered by the largest capacity Lithium 24V 380WH battery
- The remote control is fully directional.
What I Liked
I liked that this push cart knows how to follow. Once you clip the remote to your waist, you can walk hands-free while the push cart takes care of the rest.
How to Choose the Best Electric Push Cart
When shopping for a new electric push cart, there are several things to consider. First, look at the price. If you want to save money, then you should go for a cheap one. However, if you plan to invest in a quality product, then you need to spend a little bit more in exchange for some of the best features.
In addition to the price, check out the following:
A low-capacity battery may only last for one round or less on the course. Look for a higher capacity that is advertised for at least two rounds on a single charge. Even as the battery starts to fail, you will get a full round out of your electric cart.
If your electric golf push cart dies in the middle of a round, you may have just gone with a manual option to begin with!
How much power does the motor provide? Higher power means less time needed to get going. You will also be able to drive your cart over rougher terrain and thicker rough.
Are the wheels on the cart solid wheels or rubber tires? Solid wheels are better than rubber ones. They offer better traction and stability. Some carts offer larger back wheels to help you drive around the course more easily. Consider something durable that won’t fail as they wear down.
Is the electric cart light enough to carry around before and after the round? Heavy carts tend to be difficult to maneuver and they are also more difficult to travel with. If weight is concern, look for either a portable option or the e-wheel option which are electric wheels that attach to a normal cart.
Next, decide whether you want a follow mode or not. Follow mode allows you to walk away from the cart without having to worry about it. On the other hand, if you prefer to stay close to the cart, then you should opt for a non-follow mode.
Follow mode also makes sure that the cart follows you wherever you go. Manual mode lets you take full control over where the cart goes.
You need to regulate the speed of your pull cart to navigate directions more conveniently and easily. If you play golf on hilly courses, you need to control its speed as you tend to slow it down during downhills and increase its speed during rising slopes.
Innovated pull carts in the market allow the golfers to determine their preferred speed of pull cart. This means that the golfer has a full control over the pull cart speed; they can slow it down or speed it up when necessary.
In most cases, golfers will need to frequently load their carts back into their car at the end of a round. Portability and lightness of the pull cart should be taken into consideration. When loading it to your car together with the other golf equipment packed in your bag, you need to fold it into a smaller size. Ensure the car space where you want to load your pull cart before you purchase a trolley in the market.
Finally, look at the number of other features included with the cart. Most carts include a cup pocket, phone/music player holder, and umbrella holder, but some also include other cool features too.
For example, some carts come with a GPS system so you can track your score on the fly.
Videos of Electric Push Carts in Action
Want to see how some of these carts look on the course? Below are some top videos to check out for more information.
Benefits of using an Electric Golf Trolley
There is research that has been performed claiming that carrying your golf bag could lessen your possibility to ace the game because of the energy you release. Besides that, since golf bags are heavy because of your equipment, they can pose stress to your back, leading to medical complications that need to be treated right away.
Plus, golfers have a lot to worry about on the course already:
- Do you have proper golf grip?
- How does your new putter feel?
- Are you decreasing your golf handicap score?
- Are your golf clubs the right size?
In this case, the best electric golf push carts will help you a lot in terms of improving your game as well as minimizing your effort.
A lot of manufacturers developed and release their own versions of pull trolleys and electric golf push carts. Since we are now living in a technology-oriented generation, innovative manufacturers started to electrify their golf carts, allowing the golfers to play at their full potential, especially when it comes to undulating courses.
- It reduces the release of too much energy.
- Compared to traditional push carts, this innovative version is equipped with more advanced specifications and features.
- Compared to manual pushcarts, these ones look and feel sturdier.
- The powerful electric motors can be used on golf courses that are hilly.
- You will find that long term, you save money on cart fees
- You need to charge its batteries before using.
- Compared to traditional push carts, this one requires you to spend a little more.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Here are some frequently asked questions about electric trolleys for golf:
How many wheels are on the best electric golf push carts?
The number of wheels on the best electric golf cart depends on how much power you need. The more power you need, the more wheels you will want. In general, most electric carts come with three wheels. All three wheels are the same size or the rear two wheels are often a little bigger.
How easy is it to assemble electric carts?
How easy the cart is to assemble depends on the model you choose. Some models are easier than others to put together. The easiest ones have all the pieces pre-assembled and just need to be attached.
Are electric trolleys worth it?
If you like to walk the golf course when you play a round, then an electric push cart is absolutely worth it. Instead of having to pull your clubs behind you, the battery will take away most of the effort for you.
What’s the difference between electric push carts and manual push carts?
Electric golf push carts are powered by electricity. They have an engine inside that runs on batteries. Manual push carts don’t need any power source and rely on your own strength to push or pull.
Can I use my own batteries for an electric golf push cart instead of buying them separately?
Most carts come with a standard electric battery that is 6 or 9 volts big. You can replace it with any equivalent battery as long as it will fit into the battery enclosure. Most brands will recommend that you buy their specific replacements, but this comes down to a match in size.
Which electric golf push carts are good for beginners?
The Cart-Tek Electric Golf Push Cart is a great option for beginners. In addition to a sturdy frame, the cart has slope control features and a remote control that let you control things from your pocket. We also like the Alphard Ewheel option, which can attach to any push cart and turn it into an electric option.
How do I know if an electric golf cart is safe?
All of the electric golf carts in our guide are safe and sold by legitimate manufacturers. These brands are authorized to sell motorized products around the world.
Do electric golf carts work well in wet weather conditions?
Yes! Many carts feature waterproof motors and enclosures. If you live in a rainy area, these carts are perfect because they won’t get ruined.
What kind of warranty does an electric golf cart usually come with?
Some carts come with a one year warranty, while others offer a lifetime guarantee. Check the manufacturer’s website for details.
How long does it typically take to recharge an electric golf cart?
It takes about 2 hours for most carts to fully charge. This time varies depending on the type of battery used and what your current battery percentage is at.
How much does an electric golf push cart cost?
Prices of electric push carts range from $200 to over $2,000. Prices vary based on the brand, options, and other factors.
What accessories should I get with my electric golf push cart?
You’ll want to add some extras to make sure you’re comfortable using your new cart. A set of golf bags is a must, and you might also consider adding a club cover, umbrella, and a rain poncho.
Who makes the best electric golf push cart?
We’ve tested every electric golf cart available and found that the Car-Tek Electric Golf Cart is the best choice. It offers a solid design, easy setup, and plenty of features. MGI, Motocaddy, and Bat-Caddy are some other household brands in this space.
Are electric golf push carts and electric golf trolleys the same thing?
Yes, these two terms are interchangeable and are both used depending on the manufacturer and brand.
Hopefully you now know everything you need to know about electrical push golf carts, also known as a golf trolley. All of the options on this list are great for different reasons. The Cart-Tek Electric Golf Push Cart is our top overall option.
Other options on this list are great for other reasons, including:
- Premium Features
- Being easy to setup
- A conversion for a regular cart
- Automatic following
- Special technology
No matter what you go with, comment down below and let us know if it works as well as you had hoped.
Last update on 2022-11-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API