Slicing the golf ball, where you hit it away from your body, is one of the most frustrating parts about playing golf. Luckily, there are golf balls for slicers available that help you keep your distance and hit the ball straight. In this guide, we rank and review the best golf balls for slicers available today.
Specifically, we’ll go over:
- The absolute best golf balls for slicers
- Key features in each golf ball that help you hit it straight
- How to buy each golf ball today
- Details on why you are slicing and other tips for improving your swing
Slicing the golf ball is usually unintended and caused by one of two things:
- Wrong technique
- The wrong hardware
Read on to know all about slicers and the right golf balls to overcome them.
If you’re in a hurry, here is our top choice for the Best Golf Balls for Slicers:
The Best Golf Balls for Slicers in 2022
- Wilson Smart Core (Best Overall)“What makes a golf ball smart you’re asking? Well, being able to be hard & soft when needed would be pretty awesome. The Smart Core pulls off just that. Brilliant!”
- Nitro Ultimate Distance (Best on a Budget)“Nitro Ultimate Distance golf ball has a bright color making it highly visible and easy to spot on the green.”
- Callaway Superhot Bold (Great Golf Ball for Slicers)
- Bridgestone E12 (Great Golf Ball for Slicers)
- TaylorMade TP5x (Great Golf Ball for Slicers)
- Volvik Crystal (Great Golf Ball for Slicers)
Best Golf Balls for Slicers
This is a list of the best golf balls for a slice. You’ll find a variety of features and price ranges, at least two of them are worth trying, and one is an absolutely interesting product!
Wilson Smart Core
BUY IT NOW
- Helps in achieving long travel and straight trajectory
- Helps in reducing spin on long shots
- Maintains control in short shots
- Adapts its response to the game situation
- Moderate price
- It’s better suited for the long shots
- Short shots aren’t as accurate as they need to be
Why is the Wilson Smart Core called smart? You were wondering about that too, right?
Well, it’s actually smart.
The Smart Core adapts its response to the situation at hand. At the tee, it acts as a firm object to get maximum travel distance out of the swing. Its response on the green is the complete opposite. Here, it actually pretends to be soft, and gives the player a chance to hit a soft landing.
Similar behavior happens with short and long golf balls. It gives a lot of spin with the former to give the player more flexible paths and limits the spin significantly in the latter to straighten the trajectory of the long shot and cover the largest distance.
This is an awesome result that comes after years and years of product development. The Wilson Smart Core ball is built with a core that can respond to the speed of the swing.
Players who have trouble with slicer will probably find this ball quite helpful. It’ll control the spin of the long ball, and the dimples on the surface will keep air resistance to a minimum.
This will maintain the proper direction of the ball, and let it fly at top speed, covering much ground and eventually reaching its intended destination.
- Smart Core technology that reacts to a player's swing speed
- Yields spin and control on short shots
- Minimizes spin for distance and accuracy on long shots
- Durable lonomer cover provides long lasting playability through a range of condition
- Firm response off the tee for maximum distance and a soft response around the green for exceptional feel
Nitro Ultimate Distance
Best on a Budget
BUY IT NOW
- Helps the long shot to stay on-course
- The bright color makes it highly visible
- It’s sturdy and hard to cut or break
- It’s easy to find and locate in a pond or shrub
- Affordable price
- It might lose its balance in the heavy head-on wind
The Nitro Ultimate Distance focuses on getting the most energy from the club and reducing air resistance to the minimum possible level. This ball is designed just as its name suggests to go the distance.
That’s why it’s one of the best golf balls for slicers who find their balls spinning out of control. When I used the Ultimate Distance, I immediately saw an improvement in the direction of my golf ball.
The Nitro is a well-designed golf ball, with a unique dimple pattern, and elaborate aerodynamics. It’s also quite sturdy and wouldn’t show much wear even after several games.
The Nitro Ultimate Distance has a number of different color options available in pink, yellow, and green. It sets the ball apart from the generic white everyone else is using, and it’s pretty easy to find even in the dark.
- SUPER REACTIVE 2 PIECE TITANIUM CORE tournament construction maximizes the energy transfer from club head to ball, spins less, giving explosive distance off your metal woods. Wind cheating flight stability
- HIGH VELOCITY LONG DISTANCE The aerodynamic and symmetrical dimple design increases lift and decreases drag allowing for longer shots. These Nitro Ultimate Distance Golf Balls have Improved feel on & around the golfing greens
- VIRTUALLY INDESTRUCTIBLE cut-proof cover is constructed of Dupont Lithium Surlyn for long term durability, high performance, outstanding resilience, and excellent resistance to cuts and abrasions
- ULTI-COMPONENT TECHNOLOGY Great stop/sticking ability with your irons. Explodes off the golf club face at moderate swing speeds, while offering outstanding durability and feel. Unsurpassed distance and durability. Perform with pow
- USGA APPROVED Conforms to all USGA rules, developed for and appeals to all levels of player from beginning golfer to professional to elite golfer. 15 ball pack (5 boxes of 3) in White
Callaway Superhot Bold
Great Soft Golf Ball for Slicers
BUY IT NOW
- It has a three-layer construction
- It’s well suited for long shots
- The bright colors offer visibility and style
- The hexagonal dimples reduce air resistance
- It’s stable and has a controlled spin on high speeds
- It’s a bit pricey
- Its performance with the short distance shots can be better
Three things characterize these Callaway golf balls:
- the extra flashy colors
- the hexagonal pattern with its associated aerodynamics
- the long-distance performance
The Callaway Superhot bold comes in bright neon yellow and red colors in additions to the signature white. The finish of the ball is rather soft to keep the ball responsive in the short game.
The Superhot has a complex core constructed from three integrated parts, which allows the ball to respond appropriately to the different game requirements. It has an aerodynamic design that is built for low drag and optimal lift to reduce slicing. This ball has a 3-piece construction, similar to the Kirkland golf ball, for great spin and control.
The Superhot ball also has a lower spin rate compared to others. This allows for a softer landing around the green.
- Superhot is built to deliver super fast ball speed and super long distance for golfers who want to hit the ball a lot farther
- The aerodynamic design is built for low drag and optimal lift to keep the ball in the air longer with a strong flight; It’s built for long distance off the driver, and all the way through your short irons
- Designed with a 3-piece construction and a soft cover to provide great spin and control around the green
Golf Ball for Slicers With Optimized Sidespin
BUY IT NOW
- High precision and easy targeting
- The aerodynamic profile shows stability and swift flight
- Its performance is balanced up in the air and on the green
- It comes in canary yellow and white colors
- The 12-ball package offers good value for the price
- It doesn’t encourage high-speed swings owing to its softness
Bridgestone has been in business since the early 1900s. That’s more than enough time for them to make a product that reflects the highest quality, with the latest innovations, and a thorough understanding of customers’ needs.
The package has the words ‘straight distance’ in bright yellow print. It has optimized aerodynamics and a sidespin reducing mantle and core. Your slicers should decrease significantly with this golf ball, and it’s supposed to offer more accuracy as well.
The Bridgestone E12 is designed to give a balanced performance in both the long and short swings, but we can’t say that this is unique for this ball. What sets it apart is its precision, in addition to requiring little force to go the distance.
The package comes with 12 balls, so the overall price is moderate.
- CONTACT FORCE DIMPLE creates 38% more surface contact between the golf ball and the club for more efficient energy transfer
- STRAIGHT DISTANCE – Longer and straighter flight with driver and every other club in your bag
- IMPROVED FEEL – Softer core contributes to significantly enhanced feel on all shots
- REDUCED SLICE AND HOOK SPIN ON FULL SHOTS – The optimized aerodynamics of Contact Force Dimple combined with sidespin reducing mantle and core
- MORE SPIN AROUND THE GREEN– Increased friction for better spin around the green
5 Layer Golf Ball for Slicers
BUY IT NOW
- The rich 5-layer composition
- Energy magnification through its core
- Soft and rigid combo cover
- Balanced performance
- High control in short shots
- Outstanding long shotsIt’s designed for spin control
- Very expensive
- Not suitable for beginners
The TaylorMade TP5X golf balls are composed of 5 successive layers. There are three core layers which help to deliver longer distance and low drag. Then, there is a two layer cover with a soft and durable urethane cover.
Each layer enhances a specific feature and the net result is naturally good golf ball for slicers and exceptional overall performance.
The compression changes progressively from one layer to the next. This gradation maximizes energy transfer and gives full speed to every shot.
The TaylorMade golf ball has a ‘dual spin cover’ for a unique dynamic characteristic. The outer part of the cover is extra soft, while the inner part has a medium hardness. This combination is rarely seen in other balls.
The resulting spin control offers little to no deviation in long shots, and a ball that follows your guidance on the green.
This golf ball is extra pricey, but it’s worth the money with all the tech used to make it. It’s one of the few balls that gather that many features in a single model.
More advanced and skilled golfers will find these balls optimal. The TaylorMade TP5X will complement their skills and motivate them to try new moves. Beginners will benefit from the stability and precision of these golf balls.
- NEW Sifter Urethane and HFM Speed Layer System
- Layer Construction, Seamless Tour Flight Dimple Patter, and Cast Urethane Cover
- Fastest Ball Speed, Higher Launch,
- High Spin, and Soft Feel
Best Colored Golf Ball for Slicers
BUY IT NOW
- It’s manufactured with ‘dual core’ technology
- It has a hard cover for speed magnification
- Soft non-collision performance
- High visibility with a variety of vivid colors
- Designed for long distance shots
- High precision golf ball
- They need a powerful swing for best performance
- It’s an expensive ball set
The Volvik Crystal golf balls employ technology that couples core softness with cover hardness. This special mix results in high energy long shots, and low impact upon landing. These balls offer high precision, good travel, and plenty of control.
The Volvik Crystal balls are highly visible. It’s hard to lose sight of your ball as it flies above the trees. It’s easy to locate it once it lands and no one will hit it by mistake.
These golf balls are on the higher end of the price spectrum, but they’re worth a try, especially if you want to elevate your game.
They’ll certainly provide a new experience with both the long shots and short maneuvers. Their hard and soft mix is most evident as you hit the ball. It will gain so much speed and maintain its stability.
The Volvik Crystal golf balls are at their best in slow to medium speed games. The softcore with its low compression factor minimizes the unnecessary bounce. It’s a top golf ball for slicers and with 5 different colors to choose from.
- Level 3-piece golf ball designed for advanced golfers with slower to medium swing speeds looking for a soft feel with more explosiveness
- Improved flight stability designed 322-octahedron dimple pattern
- Soft feel at impact and longer distance is achieved by a soft outer layer and a more solid inner core, providing the ultimate in distance and Control
- Extremely bright and stylish color
- Optimal spin rates around the green provides 'Stop and spin' Control
Srixon Soft Feel
Great Golf Ball for Slicers
BUY IT NOW
- It offers a unique smooth performance
- The extra soft consistency gives more control
- It can still do the far flight with high precision
- It allows players to focus on strategy
- It’s a budget-friendly golf ball
- It’s an acquired taste
- It’s more suited for a slow game
As the name reflects: the Srixon Soft Feel ball is extra soft. This gives it maximum maneuverability and control on the green. It’s also a great golf ball for slicers because it is designed to provide a good flight.
The overall performance with this ball is intended to be smooth, and all the movements seamless. Energy transfers efficiently and seamlessly from the clubs to the ball to the ground. No wastes, hiccups, or spinning out of control.
The Soft Feel is a budget-friendly golf ball with a hi-tech design and unique performance. It has 338 dimples on each ball to get good performance against the wind.
These Srixon golf balls usually come in 12-piece boxes and there are about 4 different varieties. All of them pristine white, except for one model that caters to lady golfers and it comes as a pink set.
- FastLayer Core - With a soft center that gradually transitions to a firm outer edge, the FastLayer Core gives SOFT FEEL incredible softness and great distance off the tee.
- 338 Speed Dimple Pattern - To get more distance overall and better performance in the wind, Speed Dimples reduce drag at launch and increase lift during descent.
- Soft, Thin Cover - Provides more greenside spin and softer feel on all pitches, chips and putts.
- Included components: No
What Golf Ball Featuers Helps Your Slice?
If you are looking for a good golf ball for slicers, pay attention to some of these key materials and ball features:
Soft Core and Cover
To help fix your slice, look for a golf ball with a softer core and cover. These golf balls sacrifice a bit of distance, but they aren’t as prone to slicing. They also work well against wind to stay straight and on its flight path.
Look for ionomer or urethane golf ball covers that will be tough enough to last.
A low golf ball compression rate will match better with a slower swing speed. These golf balls absorb more force and fly further.
If you are a more serious golfer with a faster swing speed, then look for a ball with a higher compression rate. This will allow you to control the golf ball’s flight better and allow you to shape your shots.
Each golf ball has a unique dimple pattern on it. Specific patterns can change the way a ball reacts when you hit it and during flight. A hexagon dimple pattern will work better against the wind. A rounder pattern will give you more control in your golf ball.
If you are looking for golf balls for slicers, look for a golf ball with between 300 and 400 dimples on it.
Other Buzz Words
If you look at the buzz words located on the box of each ball, you can pick out features that are made to help fix your slice. The following terms are good to look for:
- Soft feel
- Straight flight
- Lower air drag
- Soft cover
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Why Do Golf Slices Happen?
Golf slicers are a fact of life for most casual players. Even the seasoned golfers get the occasional unpredictable trajectory once in a while.
Slicers happen when the balls spin off the wrong way, and they start a constantly deviating path until they land. This is usually because your clubface is open to the path. Players then spend some time searching for the ball, beating themselves up a little.
Slicing all comes down to the angle at which the driver hits the ball. There’s a geometric model for how exactly this happens if you’re interested, but there’s a simpler way to see how slicers unfold by monitoring the sequence in slow motion. If you are serious about fixing your slice, you should look at golf lessons from a professional who can give you a hand.
However, you can also minimize the impact of your slice with a golf ball that is made for you. Balls with a soft feel are usually better in the wind and are not effected by a bad swing as much.
How To Correct A Slice With A Driver
Owning a good driver can help correct your slice. New technology especially is created to help golfers play better than ever before. A good neutral grip can also help to minimize your slice as well.
Take a video of your golf swing in slow motion to better understand what you are doing wrong. Focus on the destination, the starting point of the swing, and the endpoint of the follow-through. Keep the clubface closed, and swing with confidence.
Do Anti Slice Golf Balls Actually Work?
Yes, golf balls designed to fix your slice actually do work. And new technology has made these balls more common than ever before. Golf balls for slicers are designed to be softer and more aerodynamic than other balls. This sacrifices a bit of distance on your shots but helps to keep your ball on a straighter path. Lots of professionals prefer these golf balls when the greens are running fast because they have less movement in this area.
Best Golf Balls For Slicers Brands
Here are some of the big-name brands in the world of golf ball manufacturing. They set the industry standards and start innovation trends
This is a merged entity that put together two big companies under the same ownership. The older company was called ‘Firestone Tyre and Rubber Company’, and it goes back to the year 1900.
The other one is a Japanese company which held the name ‘Bridgestone Tyre Company’. It started its operations in 1931, and around 1988 the two companies became a much bigger establishment.
Bridgestone tires are currently the biggest in the world, with Michelin and Goodyear coming in second and third places.
Bridgestone is known for its nonstop innovation, respect for natural resources, and serious environmental efforts. It’s focused its efforts to golf, creating high quality products that are used on the PGA tour today.
This sports equipment giant started working in 1913 under the name of ‘Ashland Manufacturing company’. They began by manufacturing generic products from the byproducts of the slaughterhouse down the street.
That included surgical equipment, violin strings, and various sports gear. They were quite prosperous and decided to grow the business.
In 1915 they hired Thomas Wilson and soon he became president. He restructured the company completely and decided that the work should focus solely on sports equipment.
The operations were hugely successful, and a year later he renamed the company after himself. His reign lasted for just two more years, then he left.
Wilson remained as he created it, and kept on innovating and progressing. Today it’s owned by Amer Group and is one of the most well known golf brands.
|Wilson Smart Core||Best Overall|
|Nitro Ultimate Distance||Best on a Budget|
|Callaway Superhot Bold||Great Golf Ball for Slicers|
|Bridgestone E12||Great Golf Ball for Slicers|
|TaylorMade TP5x||Great Golf Ball for Slicers|
|Volvik Crystal||Great Golf Ball for Slicers|
|Srixon Soft Feel||Great Golf Ball for Slicers|
The top spot isn’t easy to determine with all the golf balls in the list being high quality.
The Wilson Smart Core Golf Ball, however, is my favorite and top pick. It’s a premium quality golf ball that is smart and responds intelligently to almost any situation. It’s durable and it’s moderately priced.
The other alternative you might want to try is the Callaway Superhot Bold Golf Balls. The Callaway is a hi-tech ball with a glamorous look and impressive performance.
You should also try the Volvik Crystal if you can get hold of a pack! A Volvik Crystal golf ball is unique in its self-correction capabilities and it offers extra distance and more spin. It’s a recreational ball not intended for serious games, but playing with it is so much fun.
Last update on 2022-09-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API