The Bushnell Tour V4 was introduced to replace its predecessor, Bushnell Tour V3. The new model is significantly smaller and comes with a redesigned and easy-to-use focus ring. The new device weighs about 30 % less compared to the weight of the previous model. It has a unit with a contoured design and rough dripping pads to give you a secure and firm grip. The manufacturer has provided the V4 rangefinder a new and sporty look while maintaining its professional look. This is one argument among many that makes the V4 a compact and great-looking device. Learn more in our review Bushnell Tour V4:
The Tour V4 is one of the market leading laser rangefinders that comes in standard jolt technology version - Tour V4 Jolt - as well as a version with slope feature, called the Tour V4 Slope.
- What first impression does the Bushnell Tour V4 create?
- Pros & Cons
- Standard Features for the Bushnell Tour V4
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Can I use the Tour V4 for a tournament?
- Do buyers get a warranty for the Bushnell Tour V4 rangefinder?
- Why does my rangefinder offer readings in Meters instead of Yards?
- Do I need many readings to activate the Jolt when using the Bushnell Tour V4?
- Is the Bushnell Tour V4 waterproof?
- Is the Tour V4 Rangefinder suitable for professionals?
- Final Thoughts on the Bushnell Tour V4
After entering the market, the Bushnell Tour V4 has fast become one of the best-selling golf laser rangefinders. Although the Bushnell Tour V4 does not feature slope in the standard setup, you can find the feature in the Bushnell Tour V4 Slope version. This is because the USGA allowed rangefinders with slope to be used in tournament play if the slopes are turned off, which led to development of the Tour V4 slope. This great rangefinder utilizes PinSeeker and JOLT technology to do away with any doubts that you might have had when trying to get to lock your golf laser rangefinder onto the flag of the hole you're playing. The vibrating feedback once the rangefinder locks onto the flag was probably our favorite feature during our test and review.
Once it has locked in one the flag it gives you feedback by vibrating, which then allows you to confidently swing and know that your ball is going to fly towards the flag you want it to fly to. It promises accuracy and pleasure. With its advanced features, you will hit the flag - or better the hole than the flag - with ease. Its range is about 1,000 yards, and it is ideal for off-course. As such, you do not have to worry about one single hazard since it will help you see any obstacle on your way.
What first impression does the Bushnell Tour V4 create?
The first time you unbox the Bushnell Tour V4, it is likely to appear smaller than you may have expected. At least this is how we felt when we got ours for this review. This is because Bushnell has ensured that the V4 is a compact and lighter tool that is easy to carry around. It comes with a standard case and a quality silicone cover that provides extra protection to the device. The device is convenient for any person who prefers traveling with light bags because even with it, you will not have to break your back. As such, any golfer will find the machine easy to fit in their bags.
The device is simple to figure out, and you will find no trouble adjusting its eyepiece. The fact that it has only one button is also enticing for many people. You do not have to deal with numerous knobs or switches because it has a single button that will do all you want conveniently. Its shooting distance is quite generous, and you can be sure it will not disappoint on the golf course.
Pros & Cons
What are the Pros?
After carrying out a comprehensive Bushnell Tour V4 review, the following advantages of using it became apparent:
- It offers a 1,000 yard range hence ideal even for off course
- The Tour V4 is lightweight and less bulky to carry around as compared to its predecessor.
- You enjoy fast and accurate focus when using this range finder. Its reliability is not debatable.
- It uses PinSeeker with JOLT technology, which was not available for previous models hence a significant upgrade with this one. The jolt leads to vibration when the rangefinder locks onto the flag which is great feedback to know things are working as intended.
- Great 5x magnification.
- The protective case helps with peace of mind.
What are the Cons?
Here are some of the limitations of Bushnell Tour V4:
- Users might experience some shakiness when using this one. However, don't mistake the flag lock feedback vibration for something bad.
Standard Features for the Bushnell Tour V4
Some of the features that are standard for this golf laser rangefinder model are:
- It uses PinSeeker Technology. The technology is vital since it ensures users get fast distance readings to make an informed decision in time.
- A 1,000 yard range. Few range finders can offer the 1,000 yard range. The range makes it possible for you to shoot anything since you can find it with this device.
- Acceptable for tournament play. You no longer need to worry whether this tool is eligible for use in tournament play. The USGA approved its usage as long as you will turn the slope feature off. Therefore, both the Tour V4 Jolt technology, as well as the Bushnell Tour V4 Slope feature are both an acceptable choice as rangefinder for tournament play.
- A fast-focus system. The system allows you to find your range quickly, thus allowing you to focus within the shortest time and make the shot. With it, you no longer need to spend a lot of time focusing.
- Lightweight and compact. If you are looking for a laser rangefinder that is not heavy or bulky to carry around, then Bushnell Tour V4 is the best bet for you. Its compact design will ensure that you can conveniently move with it around and use it with ease.
- A manufacturer's 2-year warranty. Besides the fantastic features offered by this device, users also benefit from Bushnell's 2-year warranty. If you experience any technical issue in the process of using the tool, therefore, you can utilize the generous 2-year warranty.
- Water resistant. Although the device is not waterproof, it offers some water resistance, and you can use it even when there are light showers. To prolong it use, however, be sure that you protect it from water at all times.
- 5x magnification
- Comes with one protective case
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about the Tour V4 device and their answers. Let us know if you have another one!
Can I use the Tour V4 for a tournament?
If you are wondering whether you can use the Tour V4 rangefinder in a tournament, the answer is a yes. The device can be used in a match legally since it lacks a slope. But even if it had a slope, the USGA made changes to its regulations and made it legal for people to use rangefinders with slope in tournaments as long as they can disengage the slope-switch technology.
The Tour V4 Slope is a version of the Tour V4, which comes with slope feature.
Do buyers get a warranty for the Bushnell Tour V4 rangefinder?
Yes, they do. The manufacturer offers a 2-year warranty for the device. The warranty is limited and not comprehensive, which means that some conditions must be met. It is also imperative to note that the warranty covers defects and artistry only. As such, it does not cover the physical damage that may result from negligence. Moreover, it does not cover defects that might result from mishandling, misuse, improper installment, or after maintenance from Bushnell unauthorized service centers.
Why does my rangefinder offer readings in Meters instead of Yards?
Bushnell Tour V4 has two options when it comes to the units of distance measurement, meters and yards. You can change the distance readings to either of the units based on what you think is convenient for you. Users can change the units by long pressing the power button until the device goes off. You can then change the units conveniently without any trouble. You can find out more about the options by reading your user manual or visiting your local store that sells the devices and asking for help.
Do I need many readings to activate the Jolt when using the Bushnell Tour V4?
The V4 utilizes the latest technology: PinSeeker and Jolt technology, which is accurate. As such, you do not need to do numerous readings to get a consistent distance since the technology used makes it possible to understand the range with a single accurate reading. Once the device picks the length, you will get a pulse alert to inform you that it has captured the distance.
Is the Bushnell Tour V4 waterproof?
No, it is not. Although Bushnell Tour V4 is not water resistant, however, it offers adequate water resistance. This means that you can use it under damp conditions because its water resistance attributes are reliable, and you can use it with some rain. If there are heavy showers, however, avoid using it because it will malfunction.
Is the Tour V4 Rangefinder suitable for professionals?
Bushnell V4 rangefinder offers readings within the 1,000 yard mark, which means that it is suitable for professionals. It will also be ideal for average golfers who want a device that they can use as they sharpen their shooting skills. This is because it makes it easy to detect the distance you want to shoot at accurately, a characteristic that makes it worth every penny you spend on it.
Final Thoughts on the Bushnell Tour V4
The Bushnell Tour V4 is ideal for most golfers, especially amateurs and semi-professionals. The device could prove useful to professional amateurs. When compared to the features that Bushnell Tour V3 offered, the Bushnell Tour V4 is more compact hence less bulky to carry around. The new V4 is also faster as compared to the rate at which the V3 was picking the distance.
As such, spending the extra bucks to get it could prove justifiable. The warranty that accompanies the purchase of the V4 is similar to what the V3 offers since they come from the same manufacturer. This ensures that you can buy the device and use it without worrying too much about its ability to deliver as expected. With it, you will no longer need to take many readings since it utilizes the PinSeeker and JOLT technology to give you a single accurate reading. This means that it will save you a lot of time.
Moreover, the fact that it is not waterproof does not mean that it will not give you quality service when using it in a light rain. You, however, must protect it from too much water if you want to enhance its durability. Its 1,000 yard range makes it a worthy upgrade. For some people the Bushnell Tour V4 Slope is the better choice, if slope technology is a must for you.
The Bushnell Tour V4 laser rangefinder comes with great speed, the right size, accuracy, and user-friendliness make it worth the penny that you will spend on it. It is also easy to use, and you will not need assistance with assembling or using it. From this detailed Bushnell Tour V4 review, Bushnell Tour V4 is a golf laser rangefinder designed for any golfer looking for a budget device that promises long-term reliability and durability.