Are you looking for the best golf travel bags? If yes, then you’ve come to the right place. In this article, I’ll share my top picks for the best golf travel bag.
Specifically, I’ll go over:
- 10 of the best golf travel bags you can buy today
- Key features you can find in each bag
- How the bag offers protection for your golf clubs while you travel for your next golf trip
- How to buy each of these bags today
- Golf travel bags with external pockets, extra storage space, and extra padding
Golf travel bags are essential golf gear for every golfer who likes to travel with their clubs. They provide protection during travel from airline workers who could care less about your luggage.
There are several things to consider before buying a golf travel bag. These include size, shape, material, durability, price, and features. Down below, we will take a look at all of these factors.
The 11 Best Golf Travel Bags
- CaddyDaddy Constrictor 2
- Samsonite Hard Side
- Himal Outdoors Soft Sided Bag
- Bag Boy Travel Cover
- Sun Mountain Clubglider Tour Series
- Outdoor Master Padded Travel Bag
- Sun Mountain Kube
- SKB Hard Shell Golf Travel Bag
- Caddy Daddy Enforcer
- AmazonBasics Soft-Sided Travel Bag
- Bonus: Caddy Daddy North Pole Support Rod
The Best Golf Travel Bags in Detail
Caddy Daddy Constrictor 2
Best Overall Golf Travel Bag
The Caddy Daddy Constrictor 2 golf travel bag is a must-have accessory if you are an avid traveler who loves golfing. This travel bag measures 13” x 50” x 15” inches and weighs 9 pounds. It features 2 large shoe pockets for extra gear, heavy duty curb rails, and rolling in-line skate wheels.
There’s heavy padding at the top of the bag to protect the head of your wedges and golf clubs from scratches. It also has both internal and external compression straps to keep your clubs secured during travel.
To protect your investment, the Caddy Daddy Constrictor 2 golf travel has riveted handles – rubber and nylon padded – for transport and easy carry around. It also has oversized exterior pockets to store extra golf accessories like balls, shoes, shirts, and tees. The pockets also have heavy duty lockable zippers.
The Constrictor is very reasonably priced, only $110 on Amazon. If you’re looking for a golf travel bag that will protect your golf clubs and equipment while traveling, without breaking the bank, look no further than Caddy Daddy Constrictor 2.
- Can accommodate up to 10″ cart bags.
- Has lockable zippers on side pockets and the main opening.
- Heavily padded top offers protection for club heads.
- Exterior compression straps are an added bonus
- This golf travel bag is collapsible for easy storage
- GOLF BAG DESIGNED FOR TRAVELING: CaddyDaddy’s Constrictor Golf Bag Cover is designed specifically for protecting your golf clubs and equipment while traveling - air or auto. It offers excellent value for money and is a must-have travel bag for all golfers.
- HEAVILY PADDED: The golf travel cover bag features 1800D fabric construction (3x the thickness of 600D fabric) with heavy padding at the top to protect club heads. Cinch straps are provided externally and internally to keep the bags intact and firm during travel and transportation.
- PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT: The bag also has riveted handles - nylon padded and rubber - for easy carry and transport. It also comes with lockable zippers and large, oversized pockets to store additional golf gear and equipment like tees, shirts, shoes, balls, etc.
- EQUIPPED WITH INLINE SKATE WHEELS: Whether you are a pro on tour or are big on golf travel, this padded golf cover bag is your perfect travel companion. It measures 51 x 13 x 15 inches and weighs just under 9 pounds.
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY: CaddyDaddy is proud to offer a 1-year full replacement warranty on the Constrictor golf travel bag cover, including coverage for damages caused by airlines. We have been in the business of providing premium, durable, and trusted golf accessories for over 20+ YEARS BASED IN CHANDLER, ARIZONA
Samsonite Hard Side
Best Heavy Duty Golf Travel Bag
The Samsonite Hard Side is a hard-sided travel case for both beginners and professional golfers. This golf travel bag is durable and boasts a solid ABS shell that will keep your clubs safe during travel. If you do all types of golf travel, this is bag that is going to keep your golf clubs safe.
The Samsonite Hard Side measures 54″ L x 12″ H x 16″ W, which is a bit bigger than other travel bags in this list. The Hard Side can hold a 48-inch driver head in it.
This golf travel case also features an internal compression strap to secure your golf bag and a padded quilted interior with extra cushioning to protect your club head from scratches. If you are a golfer that loves traveling, Samsonite Hard Side was designed with you in mind. The 2 skate oversized wheels and the 4 multi-directional pivoting wheels practically make travel a breeze, allowing you to easily push or pull the travel case.
The price of this travel case varies depending on what color you want.
- Samsonite Hard Side has a solid ABS shell that protects your golf clubs from rigors of air travel.
- Has 2 in-line skate wheels and 4 multi-directional spinner wheels for easy pushing and pulling.
- This travel case can accommodate longer clubs and larger golf bags.
- The lightweight and durable solid ABS Shell shields your golf bag and clubs from the wear and tear of air travel
- Features a padded quilted interior with extra foam cushioning on top to protect club heads
- 4 multi-directional spinner wheels and 2 in-line skate wheels allows the case to be pushed or pulled
- Internal compression straps secure the golf bag inside the case
- Accommodates larger 10.5" top golf bags with longer, 48" clubs
Himal Outdoors Soft Sided Bag
Best Budget Bag
The Himal Soft-Sided Golf Travel Bag is the perfect air and auto travel bag for golfers of all skill levels. This golf travel bag with wheels is durable and measures 15 x 13 x 50 inches. It has enough space to hold your golf clubs and other golfing accessories like shoes, shirts, and so on.
Built with 600 D polyester, Himal Outdoors Soft Sided Bag is heavily padded to protect your clubs against scratches or damages. The high quality durable wheels make pushing and pulling from the airport or station to the course convenient.
Because this is a soft sided bag, the durability isn’t as high. It will technically be fine for travel in the air, but your clubs may take a beating. The retail price of this golf travel bag is quite a bit less than other options on this list.
I’d recommend the Himal for a car golf vacation primarily.
- Made of premium 600D heavy duty polyester oxford.
- Comes with a soft cushion and carry handles.
- Has enough space to hold all your clubs.
- The wheels make your trip more convenient.
- Made of premium 600D heavy duty polyester oxford, tough enough to protect your golf clubs during travel.
- Universal size 15 x 13 x 50 inches fits all the needs of everyday life. Enough space to hold your clubs, keys, shoes and so on.
- Advanced smooth zipper design can be used for several times. The quality wheels make your trip more comfortable and convenient.
- The golf bag travel case itself comes with soft cushion and carrying handles. The velcro carrying handle is particularly useful to help carry the golf club travel bag whether at airport or station.
- Himal provides a true satisfaction guarantee and don’t hesitate to contact us if there is any problem.
Bag Boy Travel Cover
Best Golf Travel Cover
The Bag Boy Travel Cover is made from weather and tear resistant 600D polyester, which makes it durable. It’s equipped with a reinforced nylon carrying strap so that you can easily transport it from the airport to your preferred golf course. The reinforced corners give extra durability, as your clubs and other golfing accessories will be protected from the rigors of air/road travels.
The Bag Boy Travel Cover will accommodate up to a 10″ cart bag and a 48-inch driver. It has an oversized, zippered garment or accessory pocket for extra storage. It also has internal compression straps that stabilizes your golf bags and accessories during travel on bumpy roads.
Compared to other models, the Bag Boy Travel Cover is relatively inexpensive. For less than $100, you can get this travel bag to easily carry your clubs and other accessories to and from the golf course.
- This golf travel cover comes reinforced corners for added durability
- Has smooth rolling wheels for easy pushing and pulling.
- Lockable zippers make access and packing convenient.
- Can accommodate a 10″ cart bag
- Reinforced, nylon carrying strap with Velcro locking handle
- Smooth rolling wheels and reinforced corners for added durability
- Lockable, full wrap-around main zipper simplifies access and packing
- Internal compression strap stabilizes bag during travel
- Oversized, dual zippered shoe/garment pocket
Sun Mountain Clubglider Tour Series
Best Golf Travel Bag for Airlines
The Sun Mountain Clubglider Tour Series is the perfect golf bag for air travel and follows all current airline rules. You can use this bag to carry your clubs, wedges, drivers, and other accessories as needed.
The Sun Mountain Clubglider is made of 1200 denier polyester body fabric, which is a more durable material than most other bags in this list. The dense foam padding on this bag is an excellent options for those of you who want to keep their clubs safe.
This bag measures 52″ x 14″ x 14″ and weighs 10.7 pounds. This travel bag features two interior-access pockets for plenty of storage. You can keep extra things like your shoes, shirts, and other personal effects in here. The additional pocket is good for golf balls, tees, and other accessories.
The wheel assembly on the Clubglider provides superior maneuverability. The wheels can extend and retract in one easy motion for comfortable air travel. The external two-way zippers run the full length of the bag, making it easy for you to load your clubs and other accessories. The internal straps will secure your golf bag and its content in one place during travels.
It costs $269.99 to add this golf bag into your collections.
- Sun Mountain Clubglider is equipped with smooth rolling wheels for easy carry around.
- It has two inside pockets for extra storage.
- Roomy enough to slide in golf apparel around the bag.
- It has internal compression straps to hold your clubs in place during travel.
OutdoorMaster Padded Travel Bag
Budget Outdoor Golf Travel Bag
The OutdoorMaster Padded Travel Bag is another high quality golf travel bag for those who want to conveniently transport their clubs and accessories to their choice course. This travel bag is made of 900D waterproof oxford cloth to protect the content against scratches during travels. It features optimized in-line skate wheels for easy rolling from the airport to your destination.
There are extra pockets to store things like golf shoes, shirts, and your personal belongings.
OutdoorMaster Padded Travel Bag is equipped with adjustable shoulder straps, internal compression straps, and a padded handle on the top and side to meet different carry conditions.
The interior is padded to protect your golf equipment against scratches during travels. It has a roomy design with two fixing straps for full set clubs and a cart bag.
OutdoorMaster makes good budget travel golf bags and this one is less than $100.
- The 900D oxford wear resistance and waterproof material provides extra protection.
- Has smooth rolling and tough wheels for unobstructed carrying experience.
- Has multiple external straps and multiple handles
- Is foldable for easy storage and carry.
- Extra Protection - Unique OTS system covers the entire golf travel case with 2x thickened cushion layer and 900D oxford wear resistance and waterproof material, extra proteion of golf club brassie during transportation.
- Smooth Rolling & Tough Wheel - Featured with optimized in-line skate wheel and premium rubber base securing long-lasting and unobstructed carrying experience.
- However You Prefer to Carry it - The golf club travel bag was design to meet different conditions by adding shoulder strap, multiple handles and separated bag for golf shoes. Easy to carry the bag at shuttle, bus station.
- Easy to Fill - Ideal 54" (138 CM) length and rommy design for full set golf clubs, cart bag , extra secure and stable with two fixing straps.
- Foldable Design with Convenient Open - Bullet Shape and foldable for easy storage and carry and U-shape wide open zipper system for easy open & Close
Sun Mountain Kube
Compact Golf Travel Bag for Airlines
The Sun Mountain Kube solves the problem of travelling in an airplane with your golf clubs without taking up a ton of space. When folded, the Sun Mountain Kube is smaller than a carry-on bag, but opens up to a full size travel bag that is 52″ x 14″ x 14″. It offers maximum protection to your clubs, wedges, drives, and other accessories against scratches and bruises. The plastic half shells protect the top and the bottom of the bag from the rigors of air/road travels.
Due to its small frame, this bag doesn’t come with as many external storage options. The bottom of your bag will also be exposed to the elements and may take a beating. If your main concern is your precious golf clubs though, you can put your clothes and your pairs of shoes in a regular suitcase.
The embedded roller wheels make pushing and pulling easy to your destination. The bag can withstand the stress and strain from airport baggage handlers. It comes in 8 color options.
The retail price of this model currently stands at $249.99.
- The Sun Mountain Kube is heavily padded to protect club heads.
- This golf travel bag is collapsible for compact storage.
- Has lockable zippers on side pockets and the main opening.
- Hardy ballistic style fabric & plastic half-shells
- Dense foam padding protects clubs
SKB Hard Shell
Most Durable Golf Travel Case
The SKB Hard Shell is the latest travel cover in the company’s product line. It is perfect for those golfers who prefer to go on the road. The SKB Hard Shell is made of ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene to help keep your clubs and other accessories secure during travels.
This travel case is compact and durable and can withstand the stress and strain of baggage handlers. It can hold drivers up to 48 inches in length.
We liked the fact that this travel case has a match valance bending system with a seal that not only keeps out moisture and dirt, but also provides a tow handle, lift handle, as well as wheels for convenient transport.
In circumstances where airline baggage handlers damage your clubs, SKB offers to replace or repair your clubs for up to $1,500. That’s a huge perk that just MIGHT justify the cost of this expensive golf travel bag.
- Can accept drivers up to 49″ long.
- Manufactured to meet or exceed ATA 300 Category I
- The cover provides tight and secure fits to prevent dirt, dust, and moisture from getting inside the case.
- The TSA locking system makes it difficult to access your clubs without your knowledge.
- Keep your golf club safe when traveling with a case that is contoured to fit cart bags, carry bags, and drivers up to 48 inches
- Molded from ultra-high, molecular weight polyethylene and is made to prevent dirt, dust, and moisture from getting in the case; Measure your clubs to ensure a suitable fit inside this travel case; Weight: 15.71 pounds
- Comes with TSA Locking System for ease of airline travel and provides a sense of relief when flying
- New, patent-pending industrial strength latches for superior valence closure and overall latch security
- Lightweight case is designed with a curved handle and wheels for easy transportation; Carton Dimensions (L x W x D): 52 x 13 x 16 inches; Interior Dimensions (L x W x D): 48 x 14 x 11 inches; Metric Interior Dimensions (L x W x D): 123.83 x 27.94 x 36.20 centimeters
Caddy Daddy Enforcer
Best Hard Top Travel Case
The Caddy Daddy Enforcer is a hard top travel case with additional padding to help you out during the majority of golf travel. It has inline skate wheels that do their job to help you travel with your clubs.
The Caddy Daddy Enforcer has heavy-duty zippers for easy club loading and additional storage for other accessories like tee, shoes, shirts, and your personal belongings. The 1800D all-weather fabric makes this travel case durable and perfect for all weather conditions.
The Caddy Daddy Enforcer measures 51 x 13 x 13 inches and weighs only 9 lbs. It has internal compression straps to keep your clubs secure. This case can accommodate up to 10″ cart bags. The hard shell design is compact enough and an excellent option for any rental car.
The retail price of this travel case is $169.95
- Has heavy padding and ABS molded hard top to protect club heads.
- External and internal cinch straps to give your clubs protection during travel
- The Caddy Daddy Enforcer can easily fit cart bags, tall clubs, and stand bags
- Has 2 additional compartments to store additional golf gears.
- WARRANTY AND SERVICE: CaddyDaddy has been designing and selling high quality golf products from CHANDLER, AZ for over 20 years. We stand behind every product and include a 1 YEAR FULL REPLACEMENT WARRANTY on all travel bag purchases (2 years on the First Class bag). We even cover damage caused by airline mishandling. If you need warranty assistance, please visit our website and reach out to our US BASED customer service team. We respond within 48 hours and typically same business day.
- CRUSH-RESISTANT HARD ABS MOLDS: The golf travel cover bag features 1800D fabric construction with heavy padding and ABS molded hard top to protect club heads. Cinch straps are provided externally and internally to keep the clubs intact and firm during travel and transportation. It measures 51 x 13 x 13 inches and can easily fit tall clubs, cart bags, or stand bags.
- LARGE POCKETS PROVIDED: The bag also has riveted handles - nylon padded and rubber - for easy carry and transport. It also comes with lockable zippers and 2 external large pockets to store additional golf gear like tees, shirts, shoes, balls, etc.
- EQUIPPED WITH INLINE SKATE WHEELS: Whether you are a pro on tour or are big on golf travel, this padded golf cover bag is your perfect travel companion for planes, trains, cars, and buses. When not in use, the soft, foldable base fits neatly inside the hard top for easy storage.
- GOLF BAG DESIGNED FOR TRAVELING: CaddyDaddy’s Enforcer Golf Bag Cover is designed specifically for protecting your golf clubs and equipment while traveling. A must-have for golfers, the bag provides optimum protection from airline damage and protects your investment.
AmazonBasics Soft-Sided Travel Bag
Best Waterproof Golf Bag
The AmazonBasics Soft-Sided Golf Club Travel Bag is the only waterproof bag on our list. This might just be the feature you were looking for. Also, with a great value proposition, this bag does what it’s supposed to do, but not really more.
The combination of low weight and its TSA approved lock compatibility (lock not included) make it a great choice for air travelers who want an extra level of security. Extra zipper pockets on the side help you get all your golf accessories to where you want to go and offer extra padding as well.
This Amazon bag has compression straps that help keep clubs secure. The top section of the bag is also heavily padded to make sure that your club heads stay safe.
Even with its lower-price, the AmazonBasic Soft-Sided is still one of the best golf travel bag and is worth the value for your money.
- Soft-sided golf travel bag for conveniently transporting a set of golf clubs (not included)
- Made of durable nylon fabric; reinforced stress points; stands up on its own when holding a set of clubs
- Smooth-rolling, inline-skate-style wheels; heavy-duty curb rails; well-placed, riveted handles
- Compression straps keep clubs secure; heavily padded top section protects club heads
- Multiple zippered compartments for storing extra gear; measures 50 by 13 by 15 inches
BONUS: Caddy Daddy North Pole Support Rod
Golf Travel Support Rod
The Caddy Daddy North Pole Support Rod is the perfect travel gear from traveling golfers. When paired with a travel case, it provides maximum protection for your woods, drivers, and long irons during airline travel.
The Caddy Daddy North Pole Support Rod is made of premium aluminum and custom ABS plastic molds for superior durability. It is fully adjustable up to 52″ in length and weighs 1.2 pounds.
You place the rod in your golf bag and it helps to give your travel bag an extra layer of protection.
Like other products manufactured by Caddy Daddy, the North Pole comes with a one year replacement warranty. The warranty covers any damage to your clubs, even though the airline staff is responsible for the damage. With $27.99, you can grab this add-on to improve your travel experience to your choice course.
- This support rod helps protect clubs from sudden impact.
- Fully adjustable length up to 52” for the longest of drivers.
- It’s collapsible for easy storage
- It’s made of premium aluminum and ABS plastic.
- New stronger ABS Top with support ridges for increased durability
- Protects golf clubs during air travel with 1 year replacement which even covers Airline caused damage
- Provides additional club protection in soft-sided travel bags
- Fully adjustable aluminum pole up to 52 inches in length
- Push button telescopic design for adjusting length
What To Look For in a Golf Travel Bag
Choosing the best travel bag for your clubs can be a tough decision. The number of golf bags available in the market is quite overwhelming. Below are the key factors that you can consider as pointers before making any purchases.
Hard Case Vs. Soft Case
The design of the bag is the first that attracts any golfers. You can check the design and the bag’s structure if it is the perfect fit for your travel lifestyle.
How often do you travel? How do you usually travel?
Asking this kind of question will make you better understand what type of golf traveling bag you need.
The hard shell cases are usually from high-quality plastic materials. Usually, this case is more costly than soft cases. Most of it works as stand and cart bags too. This gives better protection for your clubs while you travel, especially by air.
It’s better not to trust the airline too much when it comes to handling your bag. So if you frequently travel by air, consider a high quality hard case travel bags. The weight of this kind of bag is usually its downside.
Compared with the hard case bag, the soft case travel bag is lighter and costs less. These are usually made from nylon or polyester. This is the best travel bag if you’re a light traveler. Just make sure that it has enough compartment for your clubs and other golf accessories.
Level Of Protection
The next thing that should consider with a travel bag is the level of protection it provides.
You don’t want to end with a snapped club shafts, do you? After all, this is the main reason why you needed a travel bag in the first place
We mentioned above that the hard case offers better protection; however, manufacturers also see to it maximum protection is also provided to your clubs even with soft bags or cases. It should have a ton of heavy duty padding to protect your golf clubs.
Aside from the padding, an excellent strapping system is also important. This will keep your clubs from bouncing and sliding each other while on transport. Adjustable straps will let you tighten everything into place.
Can you move quickly and smoothly, even in tight spaces? A good bag for traveling should have a great wheel system for mobility, even in tight spaces. Some of the travel bags above have two or four oversize wheels so that you can move over rough terrain.
Aside from the wheel, the strap and the handle are also necessary for ease of movement as you pick and carry your travel bag.
To make your investment with your bag worthy, it should be durable and last long. Companies offer warranties from damage that may occur during flying or travelling. This will keep you at peace that the company will help you if something happens with the bags, especially with the soft shell travel golf bags as they are much prone to wear and tear.
Price & Value For Money
There are budget-friendly golf travel bags and also pricey ones depending on the model or brand. Besides considering that it is within your budget, it should be a great value for your money.
You are protecting the clubs that you invested hundreds of dollars into. You may be able to save a few bucks today, but you will spend more in the future if you jump to get a cheap golf travel bag.
Lastly, choose a travelling bag that can cater to your clubs, shoes, towels, and accessories. It should have enough extra storage that protects the clubs from the outside impact.
Plenty of storage pockets and compartments will save you from trouble later. Other bags have an external pocket for other accessories.
Additional note, when travelling on an airplane, check the rules of the airline regarding allowed weight. You’ll be paying extra if you’ll go over the permitted baggage allowance.
Above are 10 solid choices for golf travel bags that will protect your clubs during car or air travel. For each bag, we’ve gone over key features about the:
- Shell and case
This will allow you to make the best decision for you. Either way, enjoy your golf vacation and hopefully your bag gets all of the things you need to you in one piece.
If you recently purchased one of these bags, comment down below and let us know if you are happy with your choice.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
What Will I Use A Golf Travel Bag For?
You might want to travel farther distances or take your bags on a plane. It’s usually cheaper to bring your own clubs (even when paying checked bag fees on some airlines) than renting a set of clubs at your destination. Also, it comes with the comfort of knowing your clubs well.
Usually, you will just put your golf bag full of clubs into the travel case and be ready to go. Extra padding in the clubhead area protects your clubs from damage during rougher travel and keeps your clubs safe.
Are Golf Travel Bags Water-Proof?
The purpose of the travel bags is to protect the club heads when travelling. There are only a few bags that are water-proof like the AmazonBasics Soft-sided travel bag that was mentioned above. Most of the bags are built to protect your golf clubs from impact when travelling and transporting.
Should You Buy a Hard Or Soft Case Travel Bag?
Picking a hard or soft case is really a matter of personal preference and travel style. Most bags are soft cases but come with extensive padding. We prefer this, as this leaves flexibility as to what to fit in the bag while not compromising on club protection.
However, some golfers prefer hard cases due to their durability. There are many hard cases on the market, so you have nothing to worry about.
A hard case protects your clubs better with the impact during transportation. This style of bag is usually a little bit more expensive compare to the soft case.
Do All Golf Bags Have Wheels?
Not all travel bags have wheels. The hard shell bags usually have wheels. Other soft case bags don’t have one. You need a cart or trolley if you don’t want to exhaust yourself carry it.
How Much Does A Golf Travel Bag Weigh?
Normally, a standard golf travel bag will weigh around 25-30 pounds when with fourteen clubs and other stuff. Without the clubs, the bag will weigh eight to twelve pounds.
Last update on 2022-11-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API