Before looking at the Orange Whip Golf Swing Trainer, I always wondered if there is a training aid that suited my “wish list” needs:
I’ve always believed that one should not be too focused on deconstructing the backswing, but to simply focus on the motion of a golf swing.
Like most beginners, I was too concerned with the position of the golf club during the swing and too concerned about hitting the ball rather than swinging through the ball.
I always thought to myself, wouldn’t it be heavenly if there is a golf swing aid that helps teach the athletic motion of a rhythmic, balanced swing and takes our mind away from the backswing?
My search leads me to the Orange Whip Golf Swing Trainer.
As one of the most efficient and most popular training aids for golfers, it is a comprehensive and premium level training aid to improve body balance, rhythm and club head speed.
Whom is the Orange Whip Golf Swing Trainer Designed for?
The golf swing trainer is designed for all golfers, especially so for the beginner golfers, to help develop body rhythm and balance.
Both male and female golfers can use the training aid for warm-up sessions.
It is also designed for use during challenging weather conditions and for the busy individuals to use it indoors for a quick swing, as it requires only a minimal space and just 5-10 minutes.
When used regularly, you will quickly see noticeable improvements in your golf swing such as, increased flexibility and strength, enhanced coordination, and a perfectly balanced tempo.
Important Features of the Orange Whip Golf Swing Trainer
Selected as the #1 Golf Training aid by PGA.com, here are some of the features that made it the best golf swing trainer:
- Weighted orange ball and counterweight promotes fluid swinging motion and feedback, perfect for pre-round warm up
- Proprietary flexible shaft designed to enhance swing rhythm and tempo
- Weighted and counterweighted system enhances core fitness and flexibility
- Made in USA with high quality and durability
Because of its quality, golfers love to use it as pre-round warm-up training aid.
Benefits of using the Orange Whip Golf Swing Trainer
There are many benefits of using the golf swing trainer. This is a top-class trainer that will develop your skills more than anything else.
- Flexibility: The swing trainer is very flexible and the weights provide a low-impact body stretch
- Strength: Whenever you will do repetitive motion drills using the training aid, you will receive a core muscle workout. Furthermore, you will also get stronger wrists and forearms
- Coordination: The swing training aid is designed perfectly in a way that helps to synchronize the arms and body properly, and improves your body movement while making a shot
- Tempo: As your arms and body move as one, a balanced tempo with efficient motion is developed and facilitates proper body release
Things We Liked
- Quality is exceptional
- Durable and strong for long usage
- Helps to improve balance and body rhythm
- Perfect for pre-round warm up
- Can be used with other training aids
- Free from injury risk
Things We Didn't Like
- Relatively high price tag
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the Orange Whip Trainer comes with any instruction?
Yes. You will get an instruction book with the Orange Whip to understand the best way to practice with the aid.
How heavy is the Orange Whip Golf Swing Trainer?
It ranges from 1.30 lbs to 1.70 lbs depending on which trainer you use, heavy enough to strengthen and stretch your golf muscles and increase distance, light enough to prevent injuries.
What is the best size for a person with 5’6” height?
The mid size will be the most suitable model that you can practice.
Is it suitable for both men and women?
Yes. The trainer aid is suitable for both men and women. But, you will need to take note of the length when purchasing the training aid.
What is a good complement to the Orange Whip Golf Swing Trainer?
The Orange Peel (from the guys who made the Orange Whip) is the perfect complement to the Orange Whip. It is designed to help golfers with their weight shifts during a swing.
It engages your body into a natural stance, recreates different golf course conditions and promotes a rotational golf swing.
Is it Worth It?
Depending on how you look at it, the Orange Whip can be pretty expensive or reasonably priced. If you think of it as an overall body trainer instead of just a golf swing trainer, considering that it improves your core strength, wrists and forearms strength, helps with the synchronization of upper and lower body, and some users even reported the relief of sore backs, then I think it is reasonably priced.
The Orange Whip Golf Swing Trainer is a great training aid for any golf lover seeking to improve their game.
"The Orange Whip is the best device I have ever seen to develop a correct feel for sequencing the hips and core to whip the arms and club properly."
It is perfectly designed to improve your swing rhythm, balance, and tempo. It also helps to improve your body coordination and strength.
The only slight downside that I can find is the relatively high price tag. However, as a premium training aid with long durability and top quality, and thinking of it as an overall body training aid instead of merely a golf swing aid, I think it is definitely worth it.